Course Duration: 3 Yrs
Course: BA English, Social Work/Journalism & Mass Communication
- Compulsory English (CENG201)
- Compulsory Nepali ( Alternative English to be done privately) (CNEP201)
- Major English-I (MENG 311) – Critical Theory & Essays on Western Intellectual Traditions
- Major Journalism and Mass Communication(JMC 311) – Introduction to Journalism
- Major Social Work (BSW 311)- Concepts and principles of Social Work
- Social Work students have to spend 250 hours doing social work activities on any social work agencies
- Journalism students will have to engage on news writing, reporting and news editing workshop
- Compulsory English(CENG 202)
- Major English II (MENG 312)- Essay & Fiction
- Major English III (MENG 313)- Drama
- Major Journalism and Mass Communication(JMC312)- Media, Research
- Major Journalism and Mass Communication(JMC313) – History, Law , Ethics and Media management
- Major Social Work (BSW 312) Methods of Social Work
- Major Social Work (BSW 313) – Integrated Social Work
Social work students will work on any particular social work agency on a specific issue they are interested for 200 hours in an academic year. They will also go for a rural exposure in the form of social work camp.
Social work students have to prepare a research paper on a particular social issue and recommend the strategies for intervention at micro, meso and macro level.
Journalism students will visit media houses and engage on project work including content analysis on various contemporary issues.
- Major English – IV (MENG 314)-Poetry
- Major English-V (MENG315)- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Major Journalism and Mass Communication(JMC 314) – Public Relations, Advertising and Media Issues
- Major Journalism and Mass Communications (JMC315) – Photography, Advanced News Reporting & Editing
- Major Social Work (BSW 314) – Social Welfare Administration
- Major Social Work (BSW 315) – Research Methods in Social Work
- Functional English (FENG 316)
Social work students will work on a specific agency as a part of their block placement and spend 250 hours followed by social work camp.
Social work students individually have to work on a quantitative research project and submit a dissertation drafted on APA format at the end of year.
Journalism students will have to go for Photography fieldwork and practice on advertisement script and design. They will also prepare a report on public relations organization.